This quick and easy spaghetti recipe uses less fat. As you know, too much fat in your diet is bad for your health.
You can make it with fresh vegetables or canned. Fresh is better. And healthier too!
Serves eight people:
100 gr mushrooms
2 green peppers
3 celery stalks
1 lb medium ground beef
1 can whole tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 can tomato juice
Herbs to taste: thyme, bay leaf, parsley,
1. Chop all your fresh vegetables
2. Brown the beef and drain fat
3. Add the chopped vegetables and cook for 5 minutes
4. Add the canned tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato juice
5. Add salt, pepper and herbs to taste
6. Simmer for one hour
7. Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water
8. Drain spaghetti and cover with sauce
9. Add a little parmesan cheese and chopped parsley
10. Enjoy your hearty healthy meal.
(Chef’s trick: add a teaspoon of sugar to your sauces)
Luc Tremblay, Stella Spencer, Frédéric Caussan — chefs creating refined yet hearty cuisine at the popular new Chisasibi restaurant.